There is no better time for pumpkin pie, than on Thanksgiving.
For all you families out there, prepping for your Thanksgiving feast, see below for another quick, easy and impressive pie to prepare. Recipe curtesy of One-Pie Pumpkin.
- 1 can of One-Pie Pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp. of Cornstarch
- 1/2 Tsp. of Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp. of Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp. of Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp. of Salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. of Butter (melted)
*Margarine may be substituted
- 1 1/2 Cups of Milk (or 1-12 oz can of Evaporated Milk)
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1/8 Cup of Molasses
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
*Egg Beaters can not be substituted
- Sift sugar, cornstarch, salt (optional), cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg together.
- Mix this with contents of one can of One-Pie Pumpkin.
- Add eggs, beaten, melted butter, molasses and milk.
- Add a dash of lemon juice (if desired).
- Line a 9-inch pie plate or use the homemade pie crust recipe in Boston Babies’ recent Pecan Pie Post.
- Pour contents in to pie crust.
- Pre-heat oven and bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes; Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 50 minutes.
Enjoy this delicious dessert with your closest friends and family during the holiday.
There are no words to express the pride this Boston Baby has in her homemade pecan pie.
You know the holidays have hit when Starbucks changes to its red festive cups featuring floating doves, and music notes. Your coffee and tea stand as simple reminders that, ’tis the season to be jolly.
Boston Babies shares in this sense of merriment. Despite the usual groans heard by New Englanders faced with a fierce winter ahead, the holidays are an exciting time in the city. There is an energy and warmth that can be felt by families and friends, as Boston lights up with anticipation of another snowy season filled with holiday cheer.
The day after Halloween welcomes the winter, and this year is no different with the first “snow storm” of the season. So sit back, sip some apple cider or hot coco and let Boston Babies get you started on the right note with delicious recipes to indulge in and family friendly activities to keep you busy on even the most blustery of days.
Start off your season with something sweet…Boston Babies is joining TidyMom and Whirlpool for the 4th Annual Love the Pie Party and entered to win a new Whirlpool Gold® Induction Range.”
See below for a quick and easy pecan pie recipe that could compete with even the most culinary creations. Continue Reading